Network Ip Surveillance Cameras: Protecting You For A Better Tomorrow
History has witnessed that security concerns have never been neglected. Be it our homes, cities, and even countries; we have handful of people, organisations and methods per se working to secure us in and out. From security guards around our locality to the brave soldiers guarding the national borders, we have always lived a protected life. Being an Army Officers’ daughterand wife, I remember moving out of the cantonment areas with a few armed men in some of the terrorism active regions in the country. The purpose then was to keep a tab on illegitimate and unwanted activities hampering peace in the society. However, the reality is that we cannot move out with protection all the time. In this scenario, whom do we expect to safeguard us? Well, it’s yet again- technology!
The most commonly and widely used option today to ensure our safety and extraordinary surveillance is by installing IP surveillance cameras. They can be used anywhere- homes, working places, vehiclesas well as public places.They are available in a wide range- fromelementary units to complicated multi-channel security arrangements with unconventional built-in software. Let’s find out how this technology works and benefits the users incredibly.
What is Network IP Surveillance Camera?
A Network IP (Internet Protocol) Surveillance Camera is a form of digital video camera usuallyutilised for surveillance. This camera,distinctfrom the analogue closed circuit television (CCTV) camera, is capableoftransferringand receivingfacts and figuresusing a computer network as well as Internet. Though majority of the cameras that perform this task arecalled webcams, the word "IP camera" is used only for those cameras which are utilised for surveillance. They are available in the market at resolutions from 0.3 (VGA resolution) to as good as 29 megapixels.
Now that you have understood the meaning of Network IP Surveillance Cameras, you might be inquisitive to find out how this technology works. Well, here we go.
Functioning of Network IP Surveillance Camera:
Where on one hand- USB web cameras function only when connectedto a computer on the network, the IP cameras link to the network independently. Some of these camerasreceive power supply from network using PoE chargers. Motion alert notification using SMS or email software makes these productsway more beneficial and efficient than the normal regular video cameras.
Generally, there are three different kinds of networks usedto meetsecurity needs of IP cameras-
- Wired networks-This network type links to a router or broadband modem usingEthernetwires such as RJ45, CAT5, and CAT6. These are the quickest as well as safestmode to connect, leading to zero possibility of signal interception and intervention.
- Wireless networks- This uses a WiFi router for transmittinginformation to and from a cable modem. The data transmission is slower in this case and the possibility of unapproved access is highly possible. Encryption comes in use here to avoid this situation and interference.
- Cellular network- This network offers slowest access,though is comparatively safer than WiFi. In case the cameras have cellular transmitters, a LAN is not required, further denying the requirement of any installation.
One fact about the IP cameras that will grab your attention even more is thatthey offer two-way audio. This means that the operator can interact with the video material and the owners can administer what isonwhen they are not around. By installing the home surveillance IP camera, parents are enabled to keep a tab on their children’s activities and who is visiting the house in their absence. IP cameras enable remote viewing to anyone connected to the network, without compromising on security. Smartphone users can monitor multiple camera feeds while on the go. Similarly, rearview camera for cars allows the driver to park the vehicleswith ease.
Network IP Surveillance Cameras: Benefitting you like nothing else-
Waterproof IP cameras are the best option for outdoor surveillance. Motion-enabled footage leads to least consumption of memory space of hard drive as these camerasbegin to capture data only after the device senses some movement. A configurable cover can be fixed for constant movement in the camera range, allowing the camera to only pickunpredicted motion. Most of thelatest IP cameras are difficult to recognize and spot as they are mostly created in the shapes of clocks, doorbell, DVD players, and also books.
Some highly beneficial features of the IP cameras include:
- The number of IP cameras connected to the network depends on the bandwidth available. So no worries on that front.
- Productivity is bound to improve in the absence of these devices. They allow the employees to work well while keeping an eye at the reception desk, aloof sections of shops, cashier, and cash register.
- Can be accessed and administered from any remote location.
- Offers digital zooming.
- Less vulnerable to hacking.
- Less installation requirements result in less expenditure.
However, we are quite aware that no coin is one-sided; it always has two sides. In this case, this IP camera technology certainly has few disadvantages as well.
Firstly, the system might appear complex and require more bandwidth for functioning. Secondly, the initial installation cost might be higher. Thirdly, the public internet connection video can appear complex to install and might need a Static IP Address or a Dynamic DNS. Apart from these, this technology is definitely a boon and challenges the functioning and utility of traditional analogue CCTV cameras very strongly. All this information might seem trivial but they mean something to somebody and can be found at www.netwerkkabel.eu/cat6-kabels/.
So, next time you are out in the market, what all features would you look for while purchasing a great quality IP camera? We have that sorted for you as well.
While buying an IP camera, ensure to check the-
- Pan, tilt and optical zoom options for better viewing.
- Fixed microphone and speaker to aid two-way audio.
- If you want to place your camera in remote areas, ensure to check out the wireless access.
- Capability of integrating alarms, motion detectors,door sensors, and various other security systems.
- Provision for less and no light surroundings.
- User friendly interface for convenient viewing of the videos and pictures captured.
IP cameras offerseveral residential as well as commercial uses for safe video transmission, making you, your family and your employees secure. These camerasgivegreat peace to the user as they can properly monitor what is happening in the concerned areas while they are away.If you are one of them and are seeking for the best way to observe and protect your assets, then the Network IP Surveillance Cameras are the best solutions for you. Buy your piece soon and install them for a safer living.